Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association Employment Opportunity
The Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association is seeking candidates for the position of Office Administrator.This position will assist the current staff by being responsible for the everyday operations of the MnUSA office for the purpose of providing administrative support to the Executive Board, Board of Directors, various committees, local snowmobile clubs, and members to carry out the mission of MnUSA.This position entails a wide range of administrative and clerical duties.
Applications will be accepted through March 27, 2023.
The Office Administratoris responsible for the everyday operations of the MnUSA office for the purpose of providing administrative support to the five member Executive Board, the 43 member Board of Directors,various committees,245 local snowmobile clubs, and 10,000membersto carry out the mission of MnUSA.This position entails a wide range of administrative and clerical duties, which requires working independently as well as with the Executive Coordinator, Executive Board, Board of Directors, committees, and members.The Office Administrator serves at the shared direction of the Executive Coordinator and Executive Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Office Operations
- Manage all forms of office communications including phone calls, emails, letters, social media and website information.
- Process all requests for information, or forward to the Executive Coordinator based on knowledge of the subject.
- Maintain current lists and contact information for all MnUSA boards and committees, congressional representatives, legislators, and other groups and individuals of frequent communication.
- Manage the shipping of outgoing packages and receiving of incoming packages.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed for the office and association events and activities.
- Organize and maintain the physical office and equipment to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining a professional appearance to project a positive image of MnUSA to persons and organizations visiting the office.
- Correspond with members and snowmobile clubs via phone, mail, or email.
- Process membership payments from individuals, businesses, and snowmobile clubs.
- Enter and update member information in MnUSA's membership database.
- Prepare various reports regarding membership totals and club information.
- Prepare and mail business membership invoices and membership certificates.
- Prepare lists for mailing of MnUSA's Minnesota Snowmobiling magazine, membership cards, and other mailings, as requested.
- Maintain current list of and information on officers, board of directors, and business members for the Minnesota Snowmobiling magazine and MnUSA's website.
- Maintain MnUSA's website and social media event calendars.
- Assist the Executive Coordinator with the organization of meetings and events.
- Assist Executive Coordinator with the preparation and distribution of general membership, Board of Directors, and committee meeting materials.
- Maintain guest registration lists for MnUSA events.
- Attend the four regular general membership and Board of Directors meetings per year, and other meetings and events, as needed.
- Record minutes of meetings, as needed.
- Provide staff support at certain events.
- Manage information on the website and social media networks.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Perform financial accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting work.
- Balance and maintain all MnUSA financial accounts.
- Perform data entry required for membership payments, reconcile data entry with receipts and prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare financial reports as needed by the Executive Coordinator, Executive Board and Board of Directors.
- Prepare financial documents for filing with MnUSA’s accounting and audit firm.
- Make purchases in accordance with the approved budget or at the direction of the Executive Coordinator, Executive Board, or Board of Directors.
MnUSA Meetings and Events Support
Website, Social Media Maintenance
Other Duties as May Be Assigned by the Executive Coordinator and Executive Board
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently, multi-task, prioritize tasks, be flexible to accommodate changing tasks and schedules, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with MnUSA boards, committees, members, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources staff, and other parties conducting business with the Association.
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, databases,and financial accounting software.
- Proficient and skilled in social media applications, including Facebook.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to adapt and learn.
- Post-secondary education degree or certification related to the requirements of this position.
- Experience in managing an office.
- Experience supporting membership organizations and or boards.
- Knowledge of snowmobiling.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Work will normally occur in the MnUSA office, currently located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.There will be an occasional need, such as quarterly weekend General Membership/Board of Directors meetings, which will require an overnight stay at out-of-town locations.
- The normal work week is 40 hours,Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.The duties include the occasional need to work outside of the normal work days and hours.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License and reliable personal vehicle is required for occasional out-of-office work-related tasks.
Pay:This is a salaried position with an expected starting pay range of $55,000 to $65,000, actual starting pay will depend on qualifications.
Retirement contribution:An optional employee contribution to a retirement fund will be matched by MnUSA up to 3% of employee’s salary.
Medical insurance:$2,450 per year will be contributed to employee’s own medical insurance.
Paid time-off:A balance of eighty (80) hours of PTO will be credited and available for use upon the successful completion of the ninety (90) day probationary period.An additional 80 hours of PTO will be provided on the first anniversary of employment, 120 hours credited on the second and third anniversary, and 160 hours credited on the fourth anniversary and each anniversary thereafter.
A letter of application and resume must be received by mail no later than March 27, 2023 at:
7040 Lakeland Ave. N., Suite 212
Brooklyn Park, MN55428